Thursday, July 28, 2016

It's been a while!  & I've missed being around~

Hello to you my small circle of blog friends and acquaintances!
It has been over 5 weeks since I posted. 
And I must tell you that these last 5 weeks were not at all what I expected while being away!

I will say that I DID enjoy lots of out of state company;  my daughters and grandkids, and my sisters-in-law from OH - - -
but what was NOT expected was all the SICKNESS  I encountered during this time : (  : P

About 6 weeks ago I became 'ill', and waited 2 weeks before going to the Dr.
My (stomach) sickness increased; and without going into yucky details, found out I have Colitis.
Some other complication occurred during this and I have been very sick,  very weak and just plain NOT GOOD!
I am healing and 'on the mend' as they say : )  and I do hope to be up and blogging and creating again soon!!  We shall see.  <3

Right now, I am of course focusing on getting my diet and medication going to help  moderate my 'Ulcerative Colitis'  and try to bring my life back into balance.  I had complications that put me on some strong meds; (whew - did that zap my energy and clarity!)  but I am phasing out of the medication and hope to be feeling much better soon~

Thanks for taking time to read my update!!
I  MISS  YOU!!!
I've been able to "peek" into some of your blogs and love to see your creations~
Wishing to get creative again soon and join in on some of this great Blogging Fun : )
Love & Prayers`
Karen


10 comments:

  1. Oh, dear Karen, I`m so sorry reading, what you have been ,-and am going through . I have read about Colitis, and know how very awful it can be, and how difficult it can also be, to get rid of it. What a terrible summer for you, dear friend.
    I dearly hope you will totally heal your stomach, with the diets and medication,-and that the colitis that way, will stay more quiet. Lovely that you had a good time with your kids and family.
    We have sold our house, and am on packing, to move next month. You will hear more later. For now I will send you wishes for you to soon feel much better, and with your strength soon back again.
    A warm hug, all the best and smiles to you, from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Karen, I am so sorry to hear you have not been well .. I hope things are starting to settle down for you now. My oldest son has Colitis so I do have some idea of what you're going through and how debilitating it is. Hopefully you will get the right combination of medicines to keep it under control. So glad you enjoyed your time with your family and hope we get to see some new creations of yours soon .. because that would mean you are feeling better! Take care .. sending love and hugs and healing prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen , oh , here we are at the same time sick , and where finally the summer has come a little to us ! I've been three weeks in the hospital and can not work at home , a längerwierige history , when the soul has its share . Next week I can then Huase , but at home the work then goes and then I must again six weeks of rehabilitation ... Plenty to do for health. I also wish you a speedy recovery , because as the soul , and the bowel is very important for our body , it is the seat of health and if the stomach and intestines do not work , then the whole body is affected ! So Karen I wish you all the very good and a lot of strength in the recovery and the change of diet ! All love desires Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Karen. I missed your posts and am glad that you're back, though I'm sorry that you are having health issues. Our summer has taken a surprising and unhappy turn, and I'm pondering how much to write about it on my own blog. I hope that you're feeling better and back to normal soon. Love and hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Karen, so sorry to hear that you have had a bad turn with this, I sure hope you can get your diet figured out and will start feeling a little better with the medicine changes. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the family time in there, even though you were not feeling well.
    Sending prayers for healing and feeling better to do some of the activities you so enjoy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your lovely blog and wanted to say that I really hope that you heal thoroughly and quickly, and that you feel much better soon. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that you've been sick! My son had a parallel experience to yours and finally discovered that he had West Nile virus. But what an ordeal for you. It seems you may have had someone to look after you for at least part of the time. I Hope you are feeling much stronger! There is a lovely chunk of summer still ahead though. I hope you get to fully enjoy it. SO nice to have visits and comments from you! Summer blogging does get to be a little thin over all with all that goes on. Be well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, I am so sorry to hear of your illness and hope you continue to become stronger each day! That is no fun! I so understand what a toll our health can be on our everyday life. Sending big hugs and prayers! xoxoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you've been sick Karen, but glad to hear you are healing and getting stronger every day.

    Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Karen, I am so sorry to read you have been so sick. I hope you will be better soon and on the way to a full recovery. Keeping you in my prayers. Hugs sent your way. xo

    ReplyDelete